Followers

Sunday, 13 August 2017

Powertex - Regal Bride

Good Morning Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing with you my Powertex mannequin which I created along with Kath.
She has her own style and you can see hers here.

I have a lot of fun with this and sharing the finished mannequin and will then show the process in photographs, pull up a chair and a coffee and enjoy!


I am over the moon with how this turned out!

Now sharing the process photographs.


The first step was to wrap the plastic mannequin in florist tape then give a coat of Powertex. I added the toilet roll to the bottom so I could fill out the bottom of the dress.


Covered all the image in muslin and gave another coat of Powertex. You can see from this side view that I have filled out the back of the skirt for more fullness.


This is the back view of the cloak which is lightweight denim, actually an old summer dress of mine.
The denim was soaked in Powertex before moulding to the mannequin.


I have added lace around the top and loving the way the folds and creases were achieved.
I will admit that I got a bit frustrated at times but managed it in the end with help from Kath.


So this week we finished our mannequins.  I gave it a couple of coats of white Gesso and then spray white pearlescent paint.  Once this was dry I dry brushed with grey paint which brought out the detail of the fabric and creases.


Around the back I added 2 pearl strands the full length of the cape. Added the roses from Wild Orchid Crafts with pearl stems, the roses have been dry brushed with grey too.


Around the neck and waist I added pearl trim too.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Altered Eclectics - AG Mixed Media
Rhedds Creative Spirit - AG Mixed Media 
Creative Artiste #29 - Anything Mixed Media Goes
That's Crafty - Anything but a card
The Crafty Addicts #38 - Anything Goes

Many thanks for visiting today
Happy Crafting!



25 comments:

  1. Wonderful project! You are really talented.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab it almost glows with that pearlescent paint xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. STUNNING wow this is just amazing...gosh am gob smacked..xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  4. My word Linda you must have such patience. This turned out amazing. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I have just discovered the wonders of powertex myself so you have really inspired me.Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog.
    DT Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a stunning creation,love this.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Linda this is absolutely stunning, the cape looks fabulous and love the finished colour. A truly regal mannequin . Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my!!! Such a stunning creation!! It's really incredible how you have done it! A truly piece of Art!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So interesting and different Linda. A stunning project!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, what a stunning project Linda! WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spectacular, Linda - absolutely stunning! Great step by step photos. What a wonderful process and exquisite result. I'll have to try something like this, even though right now I just feel intimidated by the idea of it. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning project hun, thanks for sharing, it's brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Linda this is absolutely stunning. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG absolutely stunning project Linda, haven't a clue what powertex is, I'll have to investigate. I love the movement you've achieved on the cloakroom, fabulous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW WOW WOW, totally amazing project Linda. I can see you had a lot of fun in making this and why it's an absolute favourite for you. Love it, fantastic work.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. In a word AWESOME!! Fabulous project Linda - love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not surprised you're happy with it, it is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Linda this is absolutely amazing.... I love it 😍 x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, it's stunning! It looked beautiful even before your painted it. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. So elegant Linda, reminds me of an heirloom or something seen in a museum saved from days gone by. Thank you for sharing it's beauty and joining the *Anything but Cards* That's Crafty Challenge. Best Wishes Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are wonderful Linda! Thank you for sharing with Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am speechless for a change. I have always wanted to do something like this and you are encouraging me further to do so. Absolutely stunning work as always sweetie. Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love powertex and this is a fabulous use of it!
    Thank you for joining us at the Creative Artiste Mixed Media August Challenge. Good luck! Denyse x (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx